[pianotech] workbench

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Wed Feb 25 00:25:39 PST 2009

All and all... I'd suggest you make your own. For a table top might I
suggest high density 2 inch thick pressboard... I think you call it M3
plates over there. Very flat, very hard and very very durable. Plates
come in big enough dimensions that you custom make your own table size
to fit your shop needs with enough left over to use for smaller table
tops for other uses.  Quite a bit cheaper as well.  Building your own
leg / support system is an easy task as well.

I've built mine at the UiB 12 years ago now and its still flat as a
pancake and solid as a rock.

Cheers
RicB