[pianotech] Miking center pins and broach set

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 05:52:08 PST 2009

Hi Julia,

A caliper is one of the tools that I seem to use nearly every day.? Yes, we measure all of our center pins (that is, a few samples from each new pack).? It is advantageous if you find yourself with something between the whole number sizes (in thousandths of an inch).? This means that you may be able to find a pin that will be tight in the birdseye that will require a little less reaming of the bushings, which is faster for you and better for the the part being re-centered.

Cheers,

Alan Eder