[pianotech] String rattle

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 20:06:15 MDT 2009

Joe

The bass bridge is probably unglued from the sound board. Press on the bridge with a screw driver while playing the notes, and the rattle will probably go away. If that didn't do it, pull the piano away from the wall, and look for something touching the soundboard at the bottom.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943