Expanding brackets on a Cline

Bruce Dornfeld bdornfeld at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 24 21:02:30 MDT 2008

David,

The Clines that I am aware of are made by Young Chang.  If you have followed the recent thread about Young Chang action brackets, then you know where this is heading.  They have had problems with expanding action brackets which will cause the kind of blocking you are describing.  A tip from Allan Gilreath: don't make temporary individual adjustments of the let off rail.  Shim the whole rail down with some balance rail punchings.  That way you won't have to make so many large adjustments when you put new brackets on.  One thing that does not quite add up though is the age of this Cline.  I wonder if it wasn't built some years earlier than you think.

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT
bdornfeld at earthlink.net
North Shore Chapter