Young Chang grand action bracket replacement

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Sep 18 15:37:31 MDT 2008

The G-150 design is much different than the G175.  Keep bugging them for
the right size.  I hope you get through to them.  I had the same trouble 5
years ago when the parts were from Lakewood, WA and I got the wrong size!.
 I'm glad I don't have to deal with them any more!!  We have no Old Clangs
at UNL.  (are 3 wurlitzer's though that I hope to "dissappear" in the next
couple years!!)

What do you mean by "not accepted the proposal I sent to them?"

Just keep trying! If the customer doesn't accept the fact that with new
brackets, the action would be needing a regulation is like saying, "sure,
you car needs  new struts, but it won't behave unless we "regulate" the
new parts to what is there"  Is the Weber WG-50 the same size as a G-150?
Is this one of those first out of the box Chinese YC's?  If so, there's a
lot more wrong with it than you can imagine!!

Tread carefully into this one, my friend!

Paul

"Bruce Dornfeld" <bdornfeld at earthlink.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
09/18/2008 03:19 PM
Please respond to
bdornfeld at earthlink.net; Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"pianotech" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Young Chang grand action bracket replacement

I know some of you out there have replaced a number of these action
brackets that were made of bad metal and expanded over the years.  So
maybe you can tell me if they are all the same size and design.  I got a
set about a month ago from Young Chang (they are so hard to get hold of
these days).  What I got is for a G-175.  That client has not accepted the
proposal I sent to them.  I have another client with a Weber WG-50 grand,
made by Young Chang, that needs new action brackets.  Are they
interchangeable?  The owner of the Weber is ready to go, but I haven't
been able to get in touch with anyone at Young Chang yet.  What do you
think?  Did they only use one size action bracket?

Bruce Dornfeld, RPT
bdornfeld at earthlink.net
North Shore Chapter