Piano Took a Fall- Won't Hold Tune

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 09:03:35 MDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm looking for advice/input on what specifically to look for in a piano
that due to bad wheels fell flat on it's back on a schoolroom floor and now,
I'm told won't hold tune.

It is a Kawai UST-8 and the teacher was new 6 years ago and unaware of the
faulty wheels, she attempted to pull/push it a way from the wall and WHAM
down it went.

The tooner that has been tuning it can't keep it in tune, the store I used
to tune for, a Kawai dealer, offered my services to look at it and give an
estimate. I am very familar with Kawai's, not so familiar with pianos that
have taken a fall and the damage that can cause.

I have made an appointment for Friday to go look at it, an help or advice
would be appreciated.

Mike

--
I feel sorry for the person who can't get genuinely excited about his work.
Not only will he never be satisfied, but he will never achieve anything

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404
www.IFixPianos.com