Propping up side-hinged lid

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Thu Sep 11 17:58:12 MDT 2008

I should clarify, that I neglected to remember, that the original question was about a Yamaha.
I was thinking of the Aeolian products that had a lip, that the 'whatever ' would wedge against. I was lucky enough not to have any fall.
This is only on ones I was unable to remove the pin in.
I familiar with the slide pin/hinges on some Asian pianos.
John Ross