Propping up side-hinged lid

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 8 09:08:14 MDT 2008

Hi, Paul:
    I don't know about that exact model, but Yamaha has a special type of hinge pin on some of their pianos.  If you turn it in the hinge (not remove it), the hinge will come apart.  There are flats ground into the hinge pin that allow this to happen.  Lift the lid on the hinge side while you turn the hinge pin- you'll find the lid will detach at a certain point.  Of course, if this model doesn't have that kind of hinge pin, you'll have to move the piano away from the wall and remove the pin.  I doubt that you'll have to unscrew the hinges.  But then, what do I know.  Someone else on this list will confirm or deny this.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego

Paul McCloud
Service Technician for PianoSD.com