reducing hammer weight

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 18:42:47 MDT 2008

Has that actually happened to you?  I've hit staples, or the edges of them,
on several occasions without any adverse effect.  Abel hammers (which I
don't use that often) or notorious for large staples the extend out to the
edges of the hammer.  It's almost impossible not to hit them when doing a
full taper which tends to push them away from the hammer a bit.  I just push
them back down and there seems to be no real consequence for the stability
of the hammer.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com

Until you hit a staple and explode a hammer, for which you
have no replacement.
Ron N