center repinning question

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Sep 3 14:12:30 MDT 2008

Holly, I don't think you need EVER be embarrassed to ask a question on this
list!  One of the wonderful aspects of this place is the willingness of
everyone, vastly experienced workers and beginners alike, to share solutions
and to help those who want to learn. Over the years I've been on here this
has struck me again and again, and I have learned such a lot.

>From what you say about the pins and the loose hammer butt plates, I'd be
inclined to do as you suggest, slide the pins back in, and tighten the butt
plates.  The only thing, of course, is to take care that the flange bushing
doesn't get damaged by the end of the pin going back in.  If they're gliding
back in quite nicely, just go for it!

Best regards,

David.