center repinning question

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Sep 3 16:34:38 MDT 2008

I agree, Holly!

I've asked what I thought were straight forward questions, and then it has
turned into a long discussion or debate, if you will, as to best resolve.
I agree with previous posts that for the time being, push them in and
tighten screws, but take care not to disrupt the felt.  then you're in for
a bigger job! :>)

Paul

"David Boyce" <David at piano.plus.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
09/03/2008 03:13 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: center repinning question

Holly, I don't think you need EVER be embarrassed to ask a question on
this
list!  One of the wonderful aspects of this place is the willingness of
everyone, vastly experienced workers and beginners alike, to share
solutions
and to help those who want to learn. Over the years I've been on here this

has struck me again and again, and I have learned such a lot.

>From what you say about the pins and the loose hammer butt plates, I'd be

inclined to do as you suggest, slide the pins back in, and tighten the
butt
plates.  The only thing, of course, is to take care that the flange
bushing
doesn't get damaged by the end of the pin going back in.  If they're
gliding
back in quite nicely, just go for it!

Best regards,

David.