Re Player Air Motor

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Sep 3 12:46:55 MDT 2008

> Powdered graphite, rubbed in for the valve slides, is that still the way
> to go?

Yes, or Dag154. I haven't tried teflon powder on them, but it
might work fine too. I'll be doing an Ampico A soon, so I
might give it a shot. Pretty much anything that is dry, and
has a low coefficient of static friction is ok. The critical
stuff is, of course, the seal and timing.

> I hadn't thought on nothing for the shaft. I guess I don't think enough.
> :-(

Which translates to "getting more work done". We don't
typically lubricate new action center bushings do we? So I
don't lube new air motor bushings either. So with a deadline
looming, I'm building a little tool that may do what I want,
and speed the next operation, or not, and cost me time trying.
It's a curse, but it usually keeps me awake.

> Thanks Ron.
> John

Any time, John.
Ron N