[CAUT] Renner back action

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 11:28:52 MDT 2008

>All these things are good but if the pivot is too high why not just put on
>thicker key end felt?  Also, do you find that in moving the pivot pin
>forward to be on the same plane as the flange center that you often need to
>install a second tray spring?

Each job needs to be assessed on its merits. If I'm replacing the damper felt
or only installing assist springs (as with the last job), it's easier
to move the pivot
than to install new end felt. If the end felt is questionable and the
dampers only
need adjustment, then I would consider a thicker end felt.

Sometimes a second spring is needed for tray return after relocating
the pivot inline.
--

Regards,

Jon Page