New Steinway Hammers was---hammer thickness trimming jig

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Sep 3 10:41:09 MDT 2008

David,

I just installed my first set of Ronsens on a Steinway.  I'm impressed with what I hear right out of the box.  That said, like you, I want to add lacquer, on this set and for this particular piano and client, perhaps ONLY from C6 on up.  Thanks for the specs on what kind of lacquer you use and in what proportions on these hammers.  My question is: where do you apply it--at 9 & 3 o'clock?  From the top of the moulding?  Soak the whole thing?

The benefit of your experience in this particular matter will be much appreciated.

Alan Eder