The finite life of wood grain

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 19:08:01 MDT 2008

     We've been through this again and again and again on this list,
and my opinion ( which will be ridiculed by some here, but I have no interest in further defending ) is that old wood that has been in decent
( reasonably clean, dry ) environments is acoustically superior.
     ( As in: "Rich" and "Warm" sounding. )
     But this superior resonance can not be expressed, when the crown has imploded.
     I'm doing my first full soundboard recrowning according to a  new method ( not yet discussed here ) and may report the results.

Euphonious Thumpe