Sales Tax Question

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 17:03:04 MST 2008

I am filling out the Texas Online Tax Registration.  Can someone please tell me our North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code?

  Thank you,
  Matthew

"Porritt, David" <dporritt at mail.smu.edu> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                You need to get a sales tax permit from the Comptroller of Public Accounts and then file a return each quarter.  You really need to get that tax permit quickly as they could really question your collecting sales tax without a permit.

  Getting the permit is no trouble, however, you might need to go in to a regional office to do it.  Once you have that done you can file and pay the quarterly tax on-line.

  dave

  David M. Porritt, RPT
  dporritt at smu.edu