Sales Tax Question

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Fri Mar 21 13:05:42 MST 2008

You need to get a sales tax permit from the Comptroller of Public
Accounts <https://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/salestax/index.jsp>  and then
file a return each quarter.  You really need to get that tax permit
quickly as they could really question your collecting sales tax without
a permit.

Getting the permit is no trouble, however, you might need to go in to a
regional office to do it.  Once you have that done you can file and pay
the quarterly tax on-line.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT

dporritt at smu.edu