kawai dampers

David Chadwick chadwick61 at cox.net
Tue Mar 18 16:51:30 MST 2008

Re: kawai dampersRick,
I apologize if this has been addressed in a previous post as I have not closely followed this thread but on every Kawai of that vintage I have encountered here in the desert I've had to tighten all fasteners associated with the dampers and related components. Might not be the fix your looking for but it has solved a lot of problems for me in the past.

David C.

        Hello fellow damper lovers,

        I've got a Kawai kg2-d mid 80's with the usual bass damper tone leakage. Under lever pinning is fine, guide rail not binding, strings level, and no amount of wire bending is seating this damper enough to stop the tone leakage.
        I'm going to replace the felt and see how that goes, what would be the best felt choice as well as any other suggestions?
        Thanks,
        Rick Ucci / Ucci Piano