kawai dampers

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Tue Mar 18 08:31:26 MST 2008

Re: kawai dampersSpring tension should be address here, not weight, IMO. Lift up on several underlevers with a gram gauge to determine spring tension. Kawai's do have an efficient damper system, but the felt will certainly become hard, contaminated, vertigried, what ever under the right conditions, like our costal climate to name one. Also, I have noticed friction problems in many older Kawai underlevers, either in the block or the flange. If the damper wire is not coming straight down, it can bind the assembly. Guide rail bushing?
Fenton