Chinese keyslip

buckscott at juno.com buckscott at juno.com
Mon Mar 17 19:26:16 MST 2008

Hi guys and gals-

I just serviced a no name Chinese piano with a non-removable keyslip (it is glued to the keybed, and finished continuously with the cheeks).

The problem:  The keyslip is rubbing against the keyfronts of the naturals.

What I have attempted:  Tapping the balance rail pins toward the back, which gained me a little clearance, but not enough.  I am not so joyously awaiting the summer humidity.

Any suggestions?  (that don't involve a sledge hammer)?

Scott Kitzmiller