Steinway model Z weak bass

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sun Mar 9 21:49:19 MST 2008

I serviced an Acrosonic a couple years ago that had a completely dead bass.
Like an electric guitar not plugged in. I was able to move the bridge around
on it's apron a little confirming a bad glue joint. After loosening the
strings the bridge came off in my hands, not a drop of glue was ever applied
to the joint. After gluing and screwing everything was fine. The piano must
have sounded like that from the time it was new.
Fenton