Steinway model Z weak bass

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Mar 9 07:51:00 MST 2008

> Why didn't Samick just copy Yamaha's 90° turnable hinge-pin idea?
>
> Scott Jackson

The real question is why would anyone do something as idiot as
putting the hinges on the lid end in the first place? Freezing
okra doesn't make it ice cream, and we aren't fooled into
thinking a side hinged vertical is a grand.

Nor am I particularly thrilled with the 40lb combination
front/fall board with no hand holds, finished in gloss
polyester that's slicker than greased eels in my dry hands.
These things had to have been designed by case touch up
moonlighters.

Ron N