agraffe stub misery

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Fri Mar 7 13:28:36 MST 2008

Hi Patrick,

Have you by any chance, gotten your copy of the March PT Journal?  The Central Illinois Test Kitchen article on the Grabit Broken Bolt and Screw Extractors might be able to help you out (page 18).  John Dewey, Chuck Beck and I had a grand time experimenting with a bunch of different screws/situations.  In your case I think starting the dimple with a diamond ball-tip dremel bit would be easy enough, since that could be done at an angle.  Look at the picture of the Grabits--I believe something very similar is sold at Sears, if you didn't want to order them directly from the Grabit site.  The Grabit bit will fit in a hex-bit extender--or the <right> hex-bit extender.  Try it out in your shop--you might like it better than left-hand drills and easy outs.

Good luck!

Barbara Richmond
near Peoria, Illinois