Car Signs (Pros/Cons)

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Wed Mar 5 12:48:07 MST 2008

I had a sign on my car for probably 5 years. It was a new Volvo with white lettering on the rear windows. While the signs definitely created phone calls and interest, I don't think I got much business I was interested in. I found that most piano work does not originate from an impulse purchase, at least not the business I wanted, most of the calls and people tapping on my window to ask questions were not interested in quality work on quality pianos. For me, a web site will tell people who I am and what I do, a line in the local book will let people who are looking for me find me and a reference from a happy client is the best advertising of all. If you're starting a new business, then I think different rules will apply and something like a sign on your car could be a good idea and might be worth trying.
Fenton