Car Signs (Pros/Cons)

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Wed Mar 5 13:57:54 MST 2008

Hi Matthew,

I had a magnetic sign on each side of my truck for about 3 years.  I saw an increase in inquiries while I was in and out of the truck in parking lots, but no follow-through with business.  I handed out a lot of business cards (kept in the ashtray) but nada.

My general contractor has found that having his name on his truck increased insurance claims against him (mostly for minor incidents that he had nothing to do with).  For example, a man comes out of the store and notices fender damage on his new Lexus.  Looks around and sees a nice truck with business info on the side albeit several rows away.  Guess who gets a call from their insurance company?  Personally I did not experience this.

I live in a very small community, in the northeast, so customer referrals have been the best for my business.  Oh yeah, also hasn't hurt that two of the three other techs in my area have had their names plastered all over the local newspaper...and NOT for good deeds.

Debbie Legg