Car Signs (Pros/Cons)

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 12:29:12 MST 2008

Matthew

When I lived in St. Louis, I used to have magnetic signs,?but I "lost" three of them. They were either stolen, or the wind took them off while I was driving.

When?I got to Hawaii, I needed as much exposure as I could get, so?instead of a magnetic sign, I got a "see through" sign on?the rear and side windows of my car. They are permanently attached to the outside of?the windows. I can look out, but but people can't?see in.?I have a simple sign that says, in big letters, "PIANO TUNING", then my name and in big numbers, my phone number. (I have a Chevy HHR station wagon). It was expensive, (I paid $800 for it here in Hawaii, but I'm sure it is less expensive on the Mainland.) After only?2 months it?paid for itself.?I get calls all the time while driving, especially while stuck in rush?hour traffic.?I got one call?at the end of the day,?and the customer lived on my way home, so?I tuned the piano right then.

I like having it, too, when I get to a customer's house. Not only will the customer know who is driving up, but the neighbors will know why I am there,?and?I have gotten some business from them.

The only draw back is, it is permanent. (You can take it off, but it will cost you a lot to put it back on.) So if you're in the market to get a new car soon, I would hold off. The other draw back is if you're an aggressive driver, people will know who cut them off.?

I would highly recommend getting it.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI