Buzz in an S&S D

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sun Mar 2 10:12:33 MST 2008

More obvious stuff. Have someone play while you look. Isolate strings, press
on different segments of the wire and felt mute any offending sections to
get through the concert. Also, you can leather covered wedge mute a rib or
soundboard section thereby once again treating the symptom rather that the
cause in the interest of the concert at hand. Careful inspection with
articulating mirror and light. String interference with bridge notching.
Pull the lid and have someone play while you press on everything you can
find. Good luck.
Fenton