Buzz in an S&S D

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 2 21:12:10 MST 2008

With a 10% change in humidity and the upper cover off, the pitch were
the nasty resonance occurred drifted north a semi tone.  After
discussing it with the theater manager I learned that someone had
been brought by the dealership to repair the finish on the
piano.  There was steel wool all over the soundboard and we suspected
FOs out of sight under the plate.  I swung a flexible steel ruler
around a bit but couldn't scare anything out.  The ribs in the
neighborhood looked tight and there were no glue flakes apparent.
We decided we could live with it until the piano could be cleaned out
and we can eliminate that possibility.  I did check strings and
various duplex segments all over to no avail.   Pressing on the
soundboard at one point does help alleviate it.

Andrew Anderson