Ernst Kaps grand

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Thu Jun 26 12:40:47 MDT 2008

If you can find a maker and ser. # on the keys or the action, it may be
possible to date the piano without its serial number.
As John alludes to, Kaps was one of the smaller German makers that
built some very fine instruments.  The company started in 1859 and ran
until 1929.
"Panzer", by the way means nothing more than "strong, protective plate"
aka "armored". (Think turtles and bank vaults.)
Perhaps Kaps used that term in connection with full piano plates as
opposed to 3/4 plates?

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
(250) 754-2440