Pitman length gage

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Thu Jun 26 12:29:25 MDT 2008

I started with a capstan, but found that capstans have to be threaded tight enough in the wood dowel that the dowel ends up spinning as you try to adjust the capstan; whereas the coupler is quite loose (not to mention metal is less hydroscopic). In fact, sometimes I wrap one layer of teflon tape to keep the coupler from changing as I yank it out from under the tray.

Suerte,

Jude Reveley, RPT
Absolute Piano Restoration, LLC
Lowell, Massachusetts