Front Rail Keypin Alignment Reality Check

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jun 25 05:12:42 MDT 2008

That's gotta be it. That thought occurred to me before (but was hardly given credence as the implication would be that some of my handiwork was less than perfect!). I only make the bushings as deep as the mortise is wide, but I am also well aware that I come from the school of thought that dictates "if some if good, then more is better". I have little doubt that if I erred, I erred on the too big (long/deep) side. I think the couple that are off significantly, I will relocated the pin, but the few that appear to be off just a hair, I will try replacing the bushings (and make darn sure they are not too deep) and see if that doesn't make things work better.

You may have given me the precise reality check I needed! Thanks!

Terry Farrell