no hammer rise

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Fri Jun 13 00:18:20 MDT 2008

Thanks for all the responses.  The action has been completely regulated and everything is as it should be except the hammer rise.
    Got busy all the sudden and haven't had time to double-check the things in your responses (I don't have the piano in my shop), but will soon.
    I'm quite certain that neither the hammers nor rep. levers are pinned too tightly, and I know the drop is only 1/8" or less.  Even when the rep. springs are compressed to their max. (made strongest), there's still no rise.
    I'll have to check the backchecks again, but I know checking distance is in the right neighborhood.
    Thanks.
    --David Nereson, RPT