Fuel surcharge?

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 10:53:32 MDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 11:03 PM, Michael Kurta <mkurta at roadrunner.com>
wrote:

>       Last week I got a bill from my pool service with a fuel surcharge
> added.  Today I got another from my lawn service with a fuel surcharge
> also.  Should we,  1. Absorb the higher travel costs and say nothing or,  2.
> Add a fuel surcharge too or, 3. Raise our rate to cover the extra cost and
> lump it together with tuning?  Comments?
>     Mike Kurta, RPT
>     Auburn, NY
>     Soon to be moving to the Chicago area.....

Hi Michael,

I travel within a 50 mile radius of my home/business base. Since much of
that area is rural that can eat up the miles and time. I always felt, until
recently, that milage chares were a nuisance to take the time to figure.
I have for years grouped my appointments by area so that all of my days
appointments are within 10 miles oe so of each other or on my way to or from
the most distant one.
I have begun charging the .55 milage allowed splitting it among the days
customers, pre-figuring it prior to arrival and mentioning it when setting
the appointment. I have had no objections or complaints. Most answer with
"of course, that's expected".

Mike

--
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch
excellence.

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404