Fuel surcharge?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Jun 7 14:40:57 MDT 2008

Trip charges don't make sense to me unless it's a customer that you wouldn't
otherwise work for because they live too far away or if they live in some
remote inaccessible place they kills time getting to and from no matter what
your day's routing is.  My fee covers some expected travel time and cost and
it is based on an average.  I don't discount if the guy around the corner
calls me and I don't charge more if they live 20 miles away.  Charging more
because they live farther away seems to me to give them an incentive to find
someone closer.  I do group appointments geographically so I don't drive
unnecessarily and I will reschedule an appointment if it turns out to be the
only one that day in some out of the way place.

I raise my rates periodically and without hesitation if I feel my costs are
rising or if the boss feels I'm entitled to a raise--which is most of the
time anyway.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com