Fuel surcharge?

Phil Bondi phil at philbondi.com
Sat Jun 7 03:49:15 MDT 2008

Mike, since May 1, I've added a 'trip charge' to my bill.
I've had a few questions, and no one has complained.

My charge is based on zip code..how far a particular
client's zip code is from mine(one way), and I figured .xx X
those miles(based on google maps) to reach my figures. If
I'm servicing more than 1 client in that zip code on that
day, both get charged the same amount. Someone in the same
zip code as me still gets charged a minimal amount. If I
turn the key of my truck to get to you, you're being charged.

Mike, I feel like I've been a 'good guy' long enough..I did
alot of research and some soul-searching to come to this
conclusion:

-When I last raised my rates(May '04), I was by far the 2nd
most expensive tech in my area.
-When I raised my rates, the price of a gallon of regular
was 1.759.
-I can't continue to hemorrhage cash into the
truck..someone's gotta pay.

So far this works for me.

-Phil Bondi(Fl)