Construction Crew Cacophany

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Jun 5 06:24:29 MDT 2008

15. email address

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Thomas Cole
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 1:41 AM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Construction Crew Cacophany

A while back, someone posted their "New Customer Questionnaire" (not sure of
the title). It's been helpful but a few times I've run into an issue that is
not covered in that list. When deciding on a day and time, it's important to
find out if there are any gardeners, housekeepers or construction workers
due at the same time. I never think to ask but, on occasion, have had to
reschedule after driving to the appointment where a vacuum cleaner or skill
saw would be my accompaniment. Thankfully a tuning client scheduled for
tomorrow morning called today realizing the conflict with some noisemakers.

Below is the list with a few adds, edits.

Tom Cole

  1. Owner/Business Name
  2. Contact Name & Phone Numbers (home/cell/work)
  3. Mailing Address, Piano Address
  4. Piano Type, Brand
  5. Age
  6. Last Tuned
  7. Tuning Stability
  8. Mechanical Problems, e.g., squeaky pedal, sticking keys (which ones?)
  9. Special Needs (historical temperament, voicing, estimate for  repairs
needed)
10. Driving Directions
11. How did you hear about me?
12. Is the piano locked? (keyboard, top)
13. Billing/Payment Instructions (PO #, send bill to dealer, "Mom is paying
for it")
14. Conflict with gardeners, housekeepers, construction workers?