Competitive Rates

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Wed Jun 4 10:52:10 MDT 2008

Hi,

  How often does everyone evaluate their tuning rates, and overall fees?  In my area I have found, so far, that I am the most expensive.  Not because I charge high, but because I feel my services are of a higher quality, and my clients are paying for a skilled trade, if you will.  I am the only PTG member in this area working toward RPT status, by the way.

  Have any of you had a lot of calls where they are only looking for the cheapest deal?

  Just to remind you, I relocated to this area six months ago, and began building a full time business here in March.  Yes there are several other extablished tuners in the area, some are good, some we won't mention...but I feel if I get out there and do quality service, and great customer skills, I shouldn't have a problem building a very reputable business.

  How many years did it take all of you to begin your business to when you began full time?

  Thanks in advance,
  Matthew