Need Some Input

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jul 25 06:30:42 MDT 2008

On #2;  I've also had the squeek come from the balance rail hole on the
bottom of the key.  Remove the key and clean out any gunk, polish the
balance rail pin with Flitz and see if that helps, too.

Paul

"J Patrick Draine" <jpdraine at gmail.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
07/24/2008 10:04 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Need Some Input

# 1: It's more likely that the hammer butt felt (the little rectangular
piece that the jack tip rests on) is either missing, or has a smidge of
hardened glue on it. Replace if missing, or clean the glue off the contact
surface.
#2: Probably the balance rail bushing (if it's the front rail these
suggestions apply equally). Microfine teflon powder &/or Protec will quiet
it right down. It's possible the problem was caused by glue soaking into
the felt when the key was bushed (plus a certain amount of wear).
Patrick Draine

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net>