Need Some Input

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 20:36:10 MDT 2008

# 1: It's more likely that the hammer butt felt (the little rectangular
piece that the jack tip rests on) is either missing, or has a smidge of
hardened glue on it. Replace if missing, or clean the glue off the contact
surface.#2: Probably the balance rail bushing (if it's the front rail these
suggestions apply equally). Microfine teflon powder &/or Protec will quiet
it right down. It's possible the problem was caused by glue soaking into the
felt when the key was bushed (plus a certain amount of wear).
Patrick Draine