Need Some Input

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Thu Jul 24 20:19:38 MDT 2008

I was working on my piano this evening, and I noticed two problems, and I wanted to get some input before I proceed.

  1.  When I play one particular note, I hear a clicking sound.  It is from the action, not the key.  I believe it is the jack rubbing against the underside of the butt, and the buckskin in worn off.  When I pull the jack back with my screwdriver and release it, it does make the same kind of sound.  And when I press down on the key, wait a few seconds, then release it, I hear it too.

  2.  On a few notes I hear what sounds like a faint squeak.  I believe it may the front rail pin rubbing on worn bushing cloth underneath.

  Matthew