[CAUT] Filling fingernail gouges on fallboard

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 24 19:35:46 MDT 2008

The scarf joint method Cliff Geers taught is a beautiful way to join veneer repairs. There used to be a video of Geers demonstrating the method in the Western Iowa Tech community College library. Maybe your librarian can get it on interlibrary loan. When I use his technique I make clamping cauls out of hammer trimming felt. It does a great job of pressing the veneer into the scarfed areas.
Ed Sutton