Repinning

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 21:34:07 MDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Matthew Todd <toddpianoworks at att.net>
wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I have become frustrated lately trying to find a decent "kit" for my
> repinning tools.  I have tried several, but they do not suit my needs for
> the jobs.
>
> I have all my repinning tools laying out and I am curious as to what some
> of you use for a repinning kit.  Something that works well to hold your
> tools, pliers, cutter, center pins, and all misc. tools to complete the job.

I carry my pinning stuff in a small bag similar to these (
http://www.dickblick.com/zz169/73/ ), except I bought mine at Walmart (in
the pencil aisle).

Contents are:

Mannino broaches (indented stuff below also in this little case)

"Rat tail" file and reamer
Double-ended pin vise (with a #37 drill bit in one end and a roughened 0.050
center pin in the other)

Micrometer
Nueses (sp?) gauge
Nipper
Pin punch
Pins of all sizes
Felt for rebushing if needed
Maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting right now

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out what all you need.  You might also want
to include a hypo oiler for alcohol/water mixture, but I have that elsewhere
rather than in my pinning bag.

--
JF