Clicking Damper Head

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Jul 23 06:33:03 MDT 2008

It's best to start the wire bending at the bottom and work upwards.

The bridge pin should be slightly larger than the damper wire.

Just a couple more hints, Matthew.

Paul

Willem Blees <wimblees at aol.com>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
07/22/2008 07:22 PM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: Clicking Damper Head

For the guide rail bushing, remove the damper, remove the guide rail
bushing and replace it with new felt. Glue size the hole with a bridge
pin. (let it sit for about an hour).
For the wire alignment, you'll need to make the necessary bends in the
wire, both between the damper flange and the guide rail, and at the damper
head. You want to have the damper wire move straight up and down and the
felts to seat even on the strings. This will take some practice to get
right.