Noisy Dampers on Shift

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 16 11:30:17 MDT 2008

Tom,

There is a 2 page article in Steve Brady's new book, Under the Lid, written by Kathy Smith.  Too long to write out...I recommend this book.

Also Steve recommends removing a damper trimming the edges of the tails.   This means rounding the bottom edges of the damper leg.     U    shape instead of squared tip   l_I    Also sanding the sides of the felt.   Tilting the damper head so the flat felt contacts slightly ahead of the wedge...

Worth a try...

David Ilvedson, RPT

Pacifica, CA 94044