Hitch Pin Replacement Question

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jul 13 10:27:27 MDT 2008

> Am I missing something?  Why and when is it necessary to change hitch
> pins in a cast iron plate unless they have been broken or damaged.

David said it was for cosmetic reasons, which is reason
enough. It's his shop, so it's his call. The alternative is
either masking each hitch, and cleaning up afterward, which
strikes me as not a very entertaining way to grow old, or gold
hitches that chip when the piano's strung. How do you do it on
all those hundreds of plates?
Ron N