Tuning a Kawai Grand RX-2

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Sat Jul 12 14:44:53 MDT 2008

The piano I'm having a problem with is a 30 yr old Kawai KG-6C or something
like it. The problem is similar to Al's thread with only the capo sections
going out, the agraffe sections are rock solid. Three years ago I re-strung
both capo sections because of false beats and hoping to help the tuning
stability. At that time I redressed the capos. The piano was much better,
with frequent tuning for a while but now has slipped back to it's old
problem. The piano is in a church and gets heavy use but I think the treble
sections would need to be tuned twice a week to be stable. I may try that.
Fenton