Frank Stopa has passed away

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Fri Jul 11 17:15:26 MDT 2008

List,
    I just spoke with Jim Stopa, Frank's son and he informed me that his dad has passed away. Services will be held on Tuesday at 11 am at Fountain Hill cemetery Deep River, Connecticut. For those of you who don't know Frank, he was the supervisor of the keyboard fabrication department at Pratt & Read & Co. until they closed their doors, he was also a colleague and piano rebuilder in Connecticut with the likes of Wally Brooks, Willis Snyder and a lot of other respected veterans in the business. I was fortunate enough to have been put in touch with him by Jim Birch (RPT, CT. Chapter) and received his mentorship and treasured ivory tooling. He helped many people in the Guild concerning keyboard restoration and was a wonderful person, he will be missed.
Mike

Blackstone Valley piano
Michael A. Morvan
76 Sutton Street