cost of piano lessons / service in DE?

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Thu Jul 10 00:52:34 MDT 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Mulik
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:15 PM
  Subject: cost of piano lessons / service in DE?

  Hello list,

  Does anyone know the average price for beginning piano lessons in the Wilmington, DE area?  Here in the Midwest, it's about $10 for a half-hour lesson, but I figure everything costs a little more on the east coast.

  I am asking on behalf of my brother who has just acquired a Gulbransen spinet (free).  He also needs a technician; would anyone here care to take on the job?  I have not seen the piano, so I've no idea what kind of shape it's in.

  Thanks,
  Paul Mulik
  Joplin, MO

  I can't believe anyone is still charging $10 for a half-hour lesson, even if they're still in high school.  Here in Denver, I doubt if anybody charges less than $25.  I paid a university professor cellist $45 for an hour lesson about 15 years ago.
      --David Nereson, RPT