Reading via archives (was:Knowing list members)

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Mon Jul 7 03:51:53 MDT 2008

Jon -
I'm not Avery, but I did agree with him.  I'm glad the archives
exist, no question.  My preference for using Eudora's organizational
capabilities is, I'm sure, entirely subjective and a matter of
familiarity.  I have a high speed connection, so the occasional large
file doesn't dramatically affect the download time.  It seems to me
that the inelegance of the inclusion of unnecessary information in a
post would be just as much an issue in the archives as it is in the
direct-read process.  I'm not sure what, if any, delay exists in the
process of messages posting to the archives.  I did notice a number
of archived posts which seemed to lack word-wrap.  I don't know if
there is some setting of my  own which would impose that. The price
of continuing education.

regards
David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY