Reading via archives (was:Knowing list members)

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 22:37:54 MDT 2008

>>     Web-based reading via the archives.
>>     https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech.php/2008-July/date.html#end
>>Simply change the month on the 1st of the month and the year on January 1

>Where, How?

I have the ciurrent archive bookmarked (tab browsing actually) and also have
it as the home page on my browser so keeping current is important.

For instance, come next year on New Year's Day; I'll edit the address
for pianotech in bookmarks and in preferences for the browser to:
  https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech.php/2009-January/date.html#end

Actually, I edit the book mark first and open the site, then click on the
<use current page> icon in browser pref.

Next month it'll be:
  https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/pianotech.php/2008-August/date.html#end

The ending of  #end  brings you to the last entry so there is no
scrolling to the end.

Avery, what's wrong with reading the archives? It is so much easier than
having your inbox fill up and having to sort through. You can sort the posts
by date, author, thread or subject. It's always there and if there is something
you want to keep; copy and paste to a .doc file and save in an <info>
directory.
--

Regards,

Jon Page